top of page

The secrets to square footage correction

Everything property owners need to know in order to complete the process electronically.

  1. Other square meters appear in the electricity bill for municipal fees and taxes and other square meters for ARF. What should be written?
    The sq.m. shown in E9. These will now be taken into account for all taxes and fees paid to municipalities.

  2. The owner of an apartment in an apartment building must also declare the sq.m. of the plot?
    No. Only the compartment and utility rooms shown in E9.

  3. I believe that the municipality charges me with municipal fees for fictitious square meters. My house is 96 sq.m. and they charge me for 130 sq.m. What to do;
    You will enter the application normally and you will enter the sq.m. listed in E9.

  4. We have a plot within the plan. Is it charged with TAP? Where will I declare it? How will I pay him?
    Yes, the plots within the project are normally charged with TAP. You will declare it non-electrified in the electronic application that has been opened and the municipality will send an annual payment notice. Only the plots outside the plan are not declared and are not burdened with ARF.

  5. If there is co-ownership of real estate between the spouses, should the correction statement be submitted by both, or is it enough to be submitted only by one, who is also mentioned in the PPC account?
    One of the two is enough to accept the correction.

  6. If we make corrections for wrong or forgotten squares, will we be charged retroactively for five years?
    No. Any changes made will relate to charges from 1.1.2020 onwards. For the previous years there will be no retroactive charge.

  7. If we change the electricity supplier, will we continue to pay municipal fees, TAP, etc.?
    Yes. These charges are independent of those related to electricity.

  8. I am a parent - owner of "air" of a plot on which a house has been built that I have written to my child. Do I have to declare the square meters of the plot in the municipality?
    Yes. The squares of the plot that concern the so-called height and are listed in E9 should normally be declared in the category of non-electrified properties.

  9. I have an apartment of 105 sq.m. but the electricity bill shows the same apartment to be 150 sq.m .. Can I fix it?
    Yes, but not electronically. You will have to go to the municipality with the presentation of supporting documents (copy of electricity bill, copy of contract and copy of E9).

  10. The power supply number is incorrectly written on E9. What to do;
    You will need to correct the E9 with the correct power supply. The power supply number is the number stamped on the silver metal plate on the electricity meter box (of PPC or another electricity provider). The whole number is in the electricity bill (of PPC or another electricity provider) on the first page on the top right with the indication Supply Number. For example, the indication Provision Number indicates e.g. 1 23456789-02 5. The first number (1) separated by a space of the next eight digits is the area code where the meter is located. The next eight numbers (23456789) separated by a hyphen from the next two digits are the number struck on the board. The next two numbers (02) after the hyphen are the succession number, which changes (increases) when the counter (clock) changes provider or holder. In this application, the numbers you need to fill in the Field Number field are the eight numbers in the second directive and it is filled in WITHOUT spaces.

  11. Basement that is declared in E9 as a warehouse but is electrified by a shared clock should be declared to the municipality?
    In the case of closed ancillary premises which constitute a divided property, fees and taxes are due, in which case, in principle, a declaration must be lodged. However, if these areas are not counted, or have already been counted in the total area of ​​public spaces and fees and taxes are paid for them through the electricity bill, you should contact the service of the relevant municipality to adjust the relevant charges (characteristics, for the areas that are considered common areas of apartment buildings are not collected TAP). The same applies to open parking spaces, except for those with the right of exclusive use in a common area, for which no ARF is due.

  12. The application asks the owner of the property to indicate the date of entry into force of the change of sq.m. Which one must be declared?
    Refers to the date of creation or change of sq.m. of the property in the statement. For example: In case there is an addition of 20 sq.m. in a property of 100 sq.m., which in HEDNO is declared with 100 sq.m., as the date of entry into force of change of sq.m. the date of the increase of sq.m. should be stated. referred to in the relevant license. If the property was 120 sq.m. from the beginning, then as the effective date of the change of sq.m. the date of the building permit or the acquisition of the property is considered.

                                                                                                                  Source: TO VIMA, Reportage: Dinos Siomopoulos

bottom of page